Announcement

If you face problems typing the code (captcha) to create an account, please note that you do not need an account to read an write on this platform.

#1 03-01-2011 02:38:48

admin
Administrateur

Problem synchronising the Active-i.

Irakles said:

"i'm using the sync software via Win7 and cannot update Active-i. When clicking the Sync button the <NA> section of the GUI does not update and continues showing <NA>. The computer time is displayed correctly. I have used both the downloaded version of the software and the version included in the original purchase.

NOTE on how i fixed this because i believe it is missing from the initial release documentation. This is the response i received from customersupport@cyberclean.tv in order to fix this issue. Note that you have to run this as Administrator on Win7. But the main problem that is not documented is that you have to plug the Active-I usb cable into a USB 2.0 port. USB 1.0 will not allow the sync to work.

To sync your new Active-I sunglasses please follow these steps

1.  Put glasses in playback mode.
2.  Plug glasses in to the computer - the Auto Play file should pop-up
3.  Open the "To View" Files
4.  A-i Disk drive will pop-up with two folders the first one is named: DCIM (this folder holds all of your videos and images); The second one is named: Acitve-I Date and Time Sync.
5.  Right Click the Active-I Date and Time Sync file - then click on "Run as Administrator"
6.  The User Account Control Box will pop-up
7.  Hit allow - date and time sync box will come up again.
8.  Hit sync
."

Hello Irakles.

As successfully explained by our support team, you must:
- use a USB 2.0 port
- have administrator rights
- put the glasses in playback mode (before plugging it)

This should solve the problem.

If you meet any other problem, we will be glad to help you through.

Visit the official Active-i website on Active-i.net !

http://activei.forumcrea.com/img/avatars/activei/big/2_active-i-logo.png

#2 17-07-2011 19:35:42

Louis

Re: Problem synchronising the Active-i.

using the sync software via Win7 and cannot update Active-i. When clicking the Sync button the top shows the correct time of the computer and the bottom  section of the GUI does not update and continues showing 1/1/2010.

USB 2.0 port on two separate machines
have reset numerous times
have tried with sd card and without
have tried several versions of time sync
have tried w/ admin and without

also the firmware update tool does not work
same attempts

able to record and view all video on computer

any other suggestions before I return item?

#3 18-07-2011 03:55:50

admin
Administrateur

Dear Louis,

Please follow the following instructions, and let us know if this solved your problem:

1. Download the new version of the firmupdate (1.7): make sure you are not using the 1.5 version.
     Here
2. When starting the program (firmupdate & synchronization), always make sure you start it by: right click, and choose to run as an administrator.
3. Update with the firmupdate before trying to sync.

Please let us know the result.

#4 19-07-2011 18:58:27

Louis

admin wrote:

Dear Louis,

Please follow the following instructions, and let us know if this solved your problem:

1. Download the new version of the firmupdate (1.7): make sure you are not using the 1.5 version.
     Here
2. When starting the program (firmupdate & synchronization), always make sure you start it by: right click, and choose to run as an administrator.
3. Update with the firmupdate before trying to sync.

Please let us know the result.

thx for your help so far
yes i have only attempted with version 1.7
am always running as admin
select latest firmware.bin -changes to pink gets to run isp in firmware sw and then just does nothing

#5 20-07-2011 09:04:42

admin
Administrateur

Hello Louis,

Thank you for your quick feedbacks.

We have updated our firmware update file and instructions.

Please try again downloading it from there: Firmware Update

If you still can't succeed with this update, please contact our Customer Service via the contact form available here: Contact Us

Thank you.

#6 20-07-2011 14:08:03

Louis

tried new files-still not working---have attempted contact cs
thx

admin wrote:

Hello Louis,

Thank you for your quick feedbacks.

We have updated our firmware update file and instructions.

Please try again downloading it from there: Firmware Update

If you still can't succeed with this update, please contact our Customer Service via the contact form available here: Contact Us

Thank you.

#7 17-09-2011 18:10:31

toolin

I have followed all instructions in this post and have 2 problems:
1.  I cannot update firmware
2. The time/date sync does not work

Note that the glasses record video and pictures ok and I can transfer them to the PC ok.  I just cannot get the date/time to sync.  Nor can I update the firmware.

For problem 1...
I am on Windows 7 and logged in as Admin.  My USB ports that I am using with the glasses are USB 2.0.

I followed the Win 7 instructions in this thread:
  http://activei.forumcrea.com/viewtopic.php?id=31

I installed the Active-I Window Driver to my PC, then I connected the glasses in the way instructed (press and hold stop button, attach USB cable to computer, wait for glasses light to turn solid red, then release stop button.  I saw the message on the computer that drivers were installed.

I then ran the "Active-i_Firmware_Update.exe program (I used Run As Admin).  The updater program had a blue background at first.  I used the "..." button to choose the "Latest Firmware.bin" file and clicked "Start ISP".  Then the updater program background turned pink and the progress bar moved maybe 10% of the way, then an error dialog appeared that said "ISP Code Verify Error => Error Bits = FFFF".   And in the bottom status bar of the updater app it said "ISP executing... Fail."

After this I tried again, but instead of selecting  "Latest Firmware.bin", I selected  "Latest Firmware 1.7.bin" which I noticed in the update tool folder.  This produced the same error.

I disconnected the glasses from USB and reconnected them.  I was still able to browse the file content of the glasses (it had not erased anything).  However I don't think the firmware update worked, and I am still not able to sync the time and date.

For problem 2...
I downloaded the latest "Active-i Date-Time Sync.exe" program linked from this thread:
   http://activei.forumcrea.com/viewtopic.php?id=25
and ran it while logged into Windows 7 as administrator.  It produces a dialog box listing the PC time and the Active-i glasses time.  Each of the two lines in the dialog would show a date and time value (not N/A), but they were different date and time between PC and glasses.  I pressed the Sync button.  The time value next to "A-i Date/Time" would disappear briefly, then re-appear, but was still not the same date/time as the PC.  I repeated this several times but still the Active-i date and time would not update to match the PC time.

Please help solve my 2 problems.  I have screen shots of the various error dialogs if needed but I don't know how to post them to this forum.   Thanks.

Last edited by toolin (17-09-2011 18:11:02)

#8 19-09-2011 12:26:29

admin
Administrateur

Dear Toolin,

Please check our answer below:

1. Try to transfer data between your glasses and your PC using the USB cable. If transfers work, then the problem does not come from the USB cable.

2. Backup your data and format the device using the method indicated in the instructions manual. Do not format your glasses through your computer, you may damage the system. (Instructions Manual).

3. Reset the device using a simple pin (please reffer to the instructions manual)

4. Re-try updating your device (please turn off your antivirus when doing so, to avoid conflictsà.

We hope this answers your questions.

#9 20-09-2011 04:42:35

toolin

Cable is verified working.

I followed your instructions and did the format (using glasses stop button), reset, and then re-attempted to update the firmware.

During firmware update I got the same error message as before - "ISP Code Verify Error => Error Bits = FFFF"

I also then reset the glasses again and tried simply running the Active-i_Date-Time_Sync.exe.  It had same problem as before.. would display the two different times in the dialog but would not sync them up.

So, still neither issue is resolved.

#10 27-09-2011 02:14:48

scott

I'm having the exact same issue as toolin. I'm on Win7 64-bit.

It says to use "Latest Firmware.bin" which I tried and it did not work. Not sure why there was another firmware file (Latest Firmware 1.7.bin) since the instructions never mentioned this but I tried it too (file size is a bit bigger and date of creation is more recent) and that one never worked either.

Can toolin and I get some help, please??? Are we the only two people having this problem?

I don't understand how this wasn't tested before being released... Unreal. I find that hard to believe.

#11 27-09-2011 20:33:30

John

I am having the same problem with the ISP Code Verify Error

#12 30-09-2011 03:54:17

admin
Administrateur

Dear customers,

Please be sure we did not forget you in the process.

We are currently working on your problem and testing the easiest solution for you to solve it.

Please be patient, and be sure we do not forget you. We will get back to you very soon with adapted solutions.

Thank you.

#13 26-10-2011 11:31:35

Chris

Having the same problem with error bits ffff. Has there been any updates to resolve this problem?

#14 27-10-2011 04:17:05

admin
Administrateur

Dear Active-i users,

Sorry that the answer to this problem has been sent privately instead of being posted here.

Active-i firmware has been tested for Windows 7 32bits.

Please try using a 32bits version to update your firmware.

Thank you.

#15 13-11-2011 19:45:51

Net-Artist

Can you make this work for 64 bit?   It's not so easy to find an old computer.   Also, could you please, please, please, make a way to disable to date and time stamp on the video???

Board footer

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com